Please note this has been cancelled due to university strike action
The UKRI Violence, Abuse and Mental Health Network is coming to the end of its four -year funded period. To mark the achievements of VAMHN’s members, the network is hosting an online showcase for each of the three themes of the network: measurement, understanding and interventions. This webinar will showcase the VAMHN’s member’s work under the theme of interventions for violence, abuse and mental health.
This webinar will be hosted by VAMHN grantholder Dr Leonie Tanczer (University College London), who will be joined by the following incredible speakers:
- Nicole Jacobs (Domestic Abuse Commissioner) – UK policy and violence/abuse interventions.
- Melissa Jogie (University of Roehampton) – What must I seem like to you? How ‘victimhood’ is portrayed in educational advocacy interventions for female survivors of domestic violence and abuse: A VAMHN funded project
- Kate Allen (University of Exeter) – Intervention components that have common impacts across parental domestic violence, mental ill-health, and substance misuse: A VAMHN funded project
- Amy Pearson (University of Sunderland) – How do autistic adults conceptualise and recover from intimate violence and abuse? : A VAMHN funded project
- Angela Sweeney (King’s College London) – Support and interventions for parents with mental health needs and children identified as at risk of abuse: A systematic review and thematic synthesis of parent and practitioner experiences: A VAMHN funded project
- Jane Chevous (Survivors’ Voices) and Laura Fischer (Traumascapes) – Safe, Seen, Supported: supporting children and young people at risk of abuse
You can read more about our VAMHN funded interventions projects on their website here.
You can also read more about the Safe, Seen, Supported project here.
This webinar will be held via Zoom. You will receive zoom dial in details via Eventbrite email two days before the event starts. Book your ticket here.
See VAMHN’s other online events here.