Please note that this has been cancelled due to university strike action
;The UKRI Violence, Abuse and Mental Health Network is coming to the end of its four-year funded period. To mark the achievements of our members, VAMHN is hosting an online showcase for each of the three themes of the network: measurement, understanding and interventions. This webinar will showcase the VAMHN’s member’s work under the theme of understanding violence, abuse and mental health.
VAMHN grantholder Dr Alana Harris (King’s College London) will host this webinar. Confirmed speakers include:
- Giouliana Kadra-Scalzo (King’s College London) – Victimization and domestic violence experienced by mental health services users during the COVID-19 lockdown period: understanding outcomes and their correlates: A VAMHN funded project
- Ravi Thiara (University of Warwick) – Understanding the interconnection between violence-abuse and mental ill-health in Black and Minoritised Women’s Journeys to Healing-Recovery: A VAMHN funded project
- Fiona Vera-Gray (London Metropolitan University) – Rupture and Repair: Towards a survivor-centred understanding of how rape harms: A VAMHN funded project
- Athena Mandis (Queen’s University Belfast) – Losing Grace: A case study in using mixed and artistic methods to promote understanding of violence and abuse
- Concetta Perot (Survivors’ Voices) – (Re)Sounding Silence: Active Listening and Abuse: -Workshop Findings
You can read more about our VAMHN funded understanding projects on their website here.
You can also read more about the Losing Grace short film project here.